Virtuoso has announced the hotels and hoteliers nominated for its Best of the Best awards this year. All nominees are part of the Virtuoso Hotels & Resorts program, which comprises more than 1,300 properties worldwide.
This year's contenders were chosen by the network and the editors of Virtuoso Life magazine. The 10th category focuses on sustainable travel and recognizes the hotels that most embody the commitment to the three pillars of sustainable tourism: preserving the environment, supporting local economies and celebrating cultures.
Virtuoso travel advisors will cast their votes over the next few weeks. The winners will be announced at the Hotels & Resorts Dinner on August 15, 2018, during Virtuoso Travel Week at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Best Achievement in Design
- Palácio Tangará, Oetker Collection, São Paulo, Brazil
- Sagamore Pendry Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
- The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, New York, New York, U.S.
- The Fontenay Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
- The Silo Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
Best Dining Experience
- Aman Tokyo – Arva, Tokyo, Japan
- Capri Palace – Il Riccio, Capri, Italy
- Hotel Belles Rives – La Passagere, Antibes, France
- Meadowood Napa Valley – The Restaurant, St. Helena, California, U.S.
- The London EDITION – Berners Tavern, London, U.K.
- Brown's Hotel, A Rocco Forte Hotel – The Donovan Bar, London, U.K.
- Hotel Hassler – Hassler Bar, Rome, Italy
- Mandarin Oriental, New York – The Office NYC, New York, New York, U.S.
- Park Hyatt Vienna – The Bank Brassiere & Bar, Vienna, Austria
- The Shelbourne – The Horseshoe Bar, Dublin, Ireland
Best Family Program
- Hotel Barrière Le Majestic, Cannes, France
- Kokomo Private Island Fiji, Yaukuve Levu Island, Fiji
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Farmington, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Soneva Fushi, Baa Atoll, Maldives
- The Ranch at Rock Creek, Philipsburg, Montana
Best Wellness Program
- Ananda in the Himalayas, Tehri-Garhwal, India
- BodyHoliday Saint Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia
- Chablè Resort & Spa, Chocholá, Mexico
- The Ranch Malibu, Malibu, California, U.S.
- Waldhotel Health & Medical Excellence, Büergenstock, Switzerland
Sustainable Tourism Leadership
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Wolgan Valley, Australia
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, Landaa Giraavaru, Maldives
- Mashpi Lodge, Quito, Ecuador
- Singita Grumeti – Sabora Tented Camp, Serengeti, Tanzania
- Six Senses Douro Valley, Lamego, Portugal
Best Virtuoso Newcomer
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, Vilamoura, Portugal
- Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel, Paris, France
- Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman Islands
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, Dhaalu Atoll, Maldives
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador
- Andrea Filippi, Belmond
- James Baker, The Set Hotels
- JoAnn Kurtz-Ahlers, Kurtz-Ahlers & Associates, L.L.C.
- Laurence Tafanel, Esprit Saint Germain
- Ling Riley, The Palms and The Shore Club Turks and Caicos
Hotelier of the Year
- Aaron Kaupp – Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris, Paris, France
- Patrizio Cipollini, Four Seasons Hotels Firenze, Florence Italy
- Ulrich Krauer, Halekulani, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Hermann Elger – Baccarat Hotel New York, New York, New York, U.S.
- Markos Chaidemenos – Canaves Oia Hotel, Santorini, Greece
Hotel of the Year
- Adare Manor, Limerick, Ireland
- Berkeley, London, U.K.
- Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel, St. Jean Cap Ferrat, France
- One&Only Le Saint Geran, Post de Flacq, Mauritius
- Royal Mansour Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
This story originally appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com.