W Fort Lauderdale has revealed the first phase of its $55 million renovation, including both the Hotel and the Residences. The full-scale renovation touched every corner of the property, including all 517 guest rooms, suites, and residential suites, the porte cochère, rooftop WET deck pool, and meeting spaces. The final phase will include a new ballroom and an oceanfront restaurant from James Beard Award nominee, Stephen Starr.
The focal point of the current renovation is the hotel’s fourth floor, home to its Living Room (with “floating” Welcome Desks), outdoor terrace, and Bliss Spa. In the restyled Living Room, guests are greeted at the entranceway with glimpses of the pool’s reflection along the walls, filtering down from the fifth floor. On the same floor is SUSHI Bar, by Shuji Hiyakawa (a protégé of Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto).
The new décor and design is intended to reflect Fort Lauderdale Beach with mixed blues and whites, metallic details, and an airy layout.
The guestrooms, suites and residential suites received new flooring, furniture, light fixtures, and contemporary accents. With views of the Atlantic, WET East has new, sleek lounge chairs, umbrellas, day beds, and a full-service poolside bar.
The final phase, slated for completion by fall, will include a new 4,000-square-foot ballroom and a second Restaurant & Lounge concept (by Starr), with ocean-view sidewalk dining.
W Fort Lauderdale is also launching a new weekly lineup of complimentary nightly programming, including:
- Monday: “Mondays are a [email protected]#&%!;” The reoccurring Monday event will include hand and arm massages offered by Bliss Spa technicians, as well as a bar for attendees to create their own organic body scrub
- Tuesday: “Bollywood Night;” The hotel will offer cocktails and complimentary henna designs
- Wednesday: “The Studio;” Live art demonstrations
- Thursday: “Off the Wall Thursdays;” Guests can pick out their own songs for the DJ to play
- Friday: “Heat Wave;” Cigars, mojitos, and rum specials with “hints” of Latin music
- Saturday: “Neon Nights;” A live DJ recreates the setting of an ‘80s lounge
- Sunday: “Saxxxy Sundays;” Live jazz