Bootcamp on the beach. Mountaintop movement class. Paddleboard Pilates. Following the success of the inaugural FUEL Weekends at W Punta de Mita and W Verbier last year, W Hotels Worldwide has announced its official 2019 schedule of fitness-focused vacation packages that combine celebrity workouts, parties, healthy cuisine and active adventures.
FUEL Weekends are powered by the brand’s “DETOX. RETOX. REPEAT.” philosophy to offer guests a balance of fun and fitness. FUEL Weekends will take place at five hotels this year: The just-opened W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal (February 28 – March 4); the soon-to-open W Dubai – The Palm (April 11 – 14); W Koh Samui (June 20 – 23); and the soon-to-open W Aspen (August 23 – 26) and W Muscat (October).
The FUEL Weekends offer customizable schedules of next-level physical education, designed to motivate, educate and inspire a balanced lifestyle. Here’s what they can include:
FUEL Weekends offer daily options for well-rounded workouts in multiple disciplines, including yoga, movement and mobility, HIIT, and bands and resistance. Leading these classes are well-known instructors (who stick around for the afterparty); experts may range from:
- Dr. Jonathan Leary: A concierge wellness doctor-turned-entrepreneur and the creator of Remedy Place, a new health club that is launching in L.A., combining hospitality, experience and balance to health regimens
- Y7: Co-founder and CEO, Sara Levey, and top trainer Joanna Cohen bring “sweat drippin’ and beat bumpin’” to yoga
- Barry’s Bootcamp: A cardio and strength interval workout, Barry’s Bootcamps are immersive and high energy
- Bec Donlan: Creator of Sweat with Bec, Donlan caters to the health-conscious, party-goer who loves a celery juice just as much as a tequila soda
- Ely Peñas: Creator of Stand Up Paddlebord Pilates, Peñas’ classes combine core strengthening, stretching and mind-body balance
In addition, at this year’s first FUEL Weekend, guests at W Costa Rica can choose their own add-on adventures, such as jet skiing, surf lessons and private personal training. Guests can also opt for beach volleyball, a catamaran excursion or dancing at Zona Azul, the hotel’s private beach club.
W believes hard work should be rewarded, so indulging one’s taste buds after an invigorating workout is a must. From welcome cocktails and light bites to open bar sessions with world-class DJs and late night, poolside parties, every FUEL Weekend rewards its guests. At W Costa Rica, FUEL guests can enjoy El Monte Verde, the hotel’s adult take on a favorite juice pouch made with gin, mangosteen and cas fruit.
The Repeat VIP package is a one-stop all-access pass for members of Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards looking to up their workout week. This experience comes with two tickets to the full FUEL Weekend itinerary, plus a jet ski excursion, personal training session and a swag bag of exclusive take-home. Bidding starts at 50,000 points and is open now through February 1, 2019. Members can click here to place a bid.
W Costa Rica’s FUEL Weekend is now available for booking.