W Hotels Worldwide, in partnership with Coca-Cola, unveiled the first W Sound Suite to launch in North America at W Seattle. The private music studio/writer’s room/lounge offers a place for musicians and producers to write and record tracks on the road. Hotel guests can book the studio, as well.
The W Sound Suite at W Seattle follows the opening of the first W Sound Suite at W Bali – Seminyak last year, with debuts at W Hollywood and W Barcelona in the coming months. The W Sound Suites are the brainchild of the W brand’s North American music director, DJ White Shadow, the Chicago-based producer known for his work with Lady Gaga. He worked with W Seattle to create the layout and select equipment for the studio.
In anticipation of the launch, W Hotels and Coca-Cola partnered with Native Instruments to outfit the Sound Suite with the latest production suite (Komplete 11), a state-of-the-art control keyboard (Komplete Kontrol S-Series), a cutting edge groove production system (Maschine), and an all-in-one DJ system (Traktor Kontrol S8). W Hotels also worked with world-renowned audio company, Shure, to provide new SHR440 headphones, X2u microphones, KSM32/SL microphone condensers and BETA 181 microphones.
Coca-Cola helped bring the Sound Suite concept to life. Elements of the studio’s aesthetic, envisioned by Josh Held Design, include Coca-Cola red accents and a mural by Ames Brothers with subtle Coca-Cola references.
To promote the debut of the latest W Sound Suite, W Seattle will offer an exclusive “Rider Menu” for Sound Suite guests. ("Riders" are extras a band receives from the promoter: for instance, a specific brand of water.) This menu includes:
- Make It Rain: Seattle-style hot dog with cream cheese, a selection of local IPAs, and house-made bourbon ice cream
- Queen Bey: Bottle of Dom Perignon, champagne truffles, oysters, an eye mask, and fresh white florals
- American Bad A$$: PBR, red Solo cups, moonshine, fried chicken sliders, fried pickles, and French fries
- Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems: A top-shelf bar with private bartender, boozie ice cream, taro chips and house-made spreads (garlic humus, citrus baba ghanoush, caramelized onion jam)
- All Nighter: A six pack of Coca-Cola, locally sourced chocolate-covered espresso beans, donut holes with dipping sauce, and house-made salted caramels.
W Hotels noted it chose W Seattle due to its iconic status as a music capital.
W Seattle is a high-rise in downtown Seattle with views of the cityscape and Puget Sound. It has 424 deluxe guestrooms, including 43 Studio Suites, 8 Wow Suites and 1 Extreme WOW Suite.