InterContinental San Diego, which is set to open on August 28, has announced the completion of its executive committee appointments. Leading the team will be general manager, David Hall. Returning to InterContinental Hotels Group and the city of San Diego, Hall will helm the 400-room, bay-front hotel. (Hall previously opened the InterContinental Chicago O’Hare in 2008 and has over 20 years of hospitality experience.)
Prior to his return to San Diego in October 2017, Hall served as president and COO for Portfolio Hotels and Resorts, based in Chicago. Hall was responsible for overseeing Portfolio’s management division, which includes over 20 hotels in locations such as New York, Chicago, Colorado, Monterey Bay and Southern California. Hall also served as managing director of San Diego’s Paradise Point Resort & Spa for six years. He has additionally managed Chicago City Centre Hotel, Westin Atlanta Airport and Crowne Plazas of Atlanta. Hall was named “Hotelier of the Year” by the Georgia Hospitality and Travel Association in 2001 and Managing Director of the Year 2012 by Destination Hotels.
Also on Hall’s team is:
- Paul McCabe, director of food, beverage and culinary operations, who draws on more than 30 years of culinary expertise and put some of San Diego’s top hotels on the map, including L’Auberge Del Mar’s KITCHEN 1540
- Rebecca Brown, director of events and catering operations, who opened Hilton San Diego Bayfront and led event operations at Paradise Point Resort & Spa
- Lisa Bell, director of sales marketing, who has 20 years of expertise
- Dana Flower, director of marketing and communications, who held similar roles with Pacific Hospitality Group and Destination Hotel & Resorts
- Irene Romero, director of rooms, who has a record of successful hotel openings, such as Hotel San Remo and Hard Rock Hotel and Casino – Las Vegas.
The InterContinental San Diego will have five on-property dining outlets and 95,000 square feet of meeting space. It joins other InterContinentals in Monterey, San Francisco and Los Angeles.