Crystal Cruises just shared plans for some big changes at the line, including three new polar-ice rated ships, 48 owned residences, two new river vessels in Europe and a luxury Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet. Here's a sneak peek at the company's new yacht, the Crystal Esprit, set to debut this December.
The 62-guest yacht, formerly the Taurus, will be delivered to Crystal by new owners Genting Hong Kong for a December 2015 maiden voyage.
The ship will be the first in the new all-inclusive Crystal Yacht Cruises program, which will sail regional, warm-water itineraries of seven days and offer thrilling experiences on water and ashore.
Standout features? Guests are already buzzing about the yacht's two-passenger submarine, and four 10-passenger Zodiacs and a 12-passenger Wider 32-foot super yacht tender offer other opportunities for adventure.
Additionally, the vessel will carry water skis, wake boards, kayaks, jet skis, fishing, scuba diving equipment and snorkeling gear.
The first voyage sails December 23, 2015, exploring the Seychelles Islands, followed by an inclusive, post-cruise New Year’s Eve celebration at the Taj Dubai Hotel.
Effective immediately, the vessel is available for booking exclusively (through August 31) by Crystal Society members (the line’s repeat guest loyalty program) for voyages in 2015 through early 2018. After that, the bookings will open to other consumers.
For 2016 and 2017, and early 2018, Crystal Esprit routes for the Seychelles Islands, Dubai and Adriatic Coast include:
- Seychelles Islands – Mahé, Victoria; St. Anne Island, La Passe, la Digue; Baie Ste. Anne, Praslin; Laraie Bay, Curieuse Island; Anse Saint Jose, - Curieuse Island; Cousin Island; Aride; Big Sister Island; and Desroches Island
- Dubai - Khasab and Muscat, Oman; Doha, Qatar; Sir Bani Yas Island and Abu Dhabi, UAB)
- Venice, Italy/Dubrovnik, Croatia - Rovinj, Sibenik, Trogir, Vis, Hvar, and Korcula, Croatia
- Dubrovnik, Croatia/Venice, Italy - Kotor, Montenegro; Split, Zadar, and Opatija, Croatia; and Piran, Slovenia
- Dubrovnik, Croatia/ Athens, Greece - Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Parga, Itea, Hydra, and Navplion, Greece)
All-inclusive “Book Now” yacht fares start at just $2,690 per person for a four-day, roundtrip Mahé, Victoria, Seychelles itinerary in 2017.