For Luxury Travel Advisor’s new “Five Secrets to Success” series, we aimed to find out which tips advisors can share that have made them so successful, so that our readers might put them to use in their own efforts. To start off, we reached out to the Trendsetters we featured in the December 2016 issue of Luxury Travel Advisor.
First up is Denise Schaefer of Plaza Travel. Schaefer specializes in luxury cruises, tours, group and religious travel, and honeymoons and destination weddings.
Schaefer primarily works with upscale luxury clients all over the U.S. and Canada, and notes and interest in family and multigenerational travel is increasing. In addition to the aforementioned, Schaefer books spa, adventure and experiential travel—specifically in a way that will allow for her clients to experience the local culture.
- Continuing education through webinars, conferences and advice/suggestions from peers. Using every tool and amenity I can through Signature Travel. Being able to upsell a client.
- FAM trips! This has been huge in expanding my knowledge of an area. I come back with a new sense of confidence and passion that helps me sell and promote so much easier.
- Asking for referrals from my clients.
- Creating a bond and making a connection with [my clients] personally. Staying in touch with them throughout the year even when they’re not traveling.
- My biggest secret? Having a boss that empowers and encourages me in every way to be successful, which, I really believe, has changed how I sell and close sales!
Make sure to keep checking out Luxury Travel Advisor for more Secrets to Success from our featured advisors!