For our ongoing “Five Secrets to Success” series, in which we aim to discover the best tips that luxury advisors can offer that led to their success, we reached out to the Trendsetters we featured in the December 2016 issue of Luxury Travel Advisor.
Michele Miller of Los Gatos Travel sells to just about every type of client, from start-up entrepreneurs to CEOs. Even her range of offerings varies, between luxury cruises, FIT, and adventure travel—although Miller has taken a definite interest in Africa.
- Specialization—I would say becoming an expert in a certain destination, like I have with Africa, has brought me business and referrals. Clients feel more confident booking with someone with firsthand experience and a passion for the destination.
- Quick response—Clients continually thank me for my fast response. It makes them feel valued and important, which they are.
- Not being negative—Positivity goes a long way. Clients appreciate a good mood, encouragement and a helpful attitude.
- Being detail-oriented—Making details a priority is important. Whether it is a restaurant reservation, a car seat request, a food allergy notification, or a desired seat assignment on a flight, not letting the details slip through the cracks makes you indispensable to your clients, and really makes them appreciate you.
- Be relatable—My clients come from a wide range of backgrounds, so whether they are looking to spend $500 or $100,000, I try to make them feel we have something in common.
Make sure to keep checking out Luxury Travel Advisor every Tuesday and Thursday for more Secrets to Success from our featured advisors!