Virtuoso has wrapped its 31st annual Virtuoso Travel Week with a sold-out gala that attracted more than 3,000 luxury travel professionals. The network also recognized its top travel agencies, advisors, and preferred partners with its Virtuoso Awards during an event hosted by Virtuoso Chairman and CEO Matthew D. Upchurch, Senior Vice President of Marketing Terrie Hansen and Senior Vice President of Global Member Partnerships David Kolner.
Virtuoso Travel Week, held in Las Vegas at the Bellagio Resort & Casino, ARIA Resort & Casino and Vdara Hotel & Spa, has taken place over the past week, running August 10-16.
Network peers determine Virtuoso Award winners: partners vote for agencies and advisors, and travel agency members select the partners. Thousands of votes were cast in this year’s awards, Virtuoso said.
The 2019 Virtuoso Award winners are:
Member Awards (as voted by partners)
- Most Hospitable Agency – US/Canada: Travel Edge
- Most Innovative Advisor – US/Canada: Keith Waldon, Departure Lounge
- Virtuoso Rising Star – US/Canada: Blaire Kochar, Brownell Travel
- Most Admired Advisor – Asia/Pacific: Anthony Goldman, Goldman Travel Corporation
- Most Admired Advisor – Europe/Middle East/Africa: Jenny Graham, Quintessentially Travel
- Most Admired Advisor – Latin America/Caribbean: Paola Prieto, ITG-International Travel Group
- Most Admired Advisor – Canada: Roger Kershaw, Travel Edge
- Most Admired Advisor – US: Josh Alexander, Protravel International
Partner Awards (as voted by members)
- Airline of the Year: Emirates Airline
- Service Partner of the Year: Travelex Insurance Services
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership – Preferred Partner: Nomadic Expeditions
- Cruise Line of the Year: Crystal Cruises
In addition, Virtuoso announced this year’s outstanding cruise performers at a reception on August 13:
- Top Producer – Virtuoso Voyages: Ralph Bias, Amazing Cruises
- Virtuoso Rising Star – Cruise: Frances Sarrett, McCabe World Travel
- Most Innovative Advisor – Cruise Sales: Jonathan Phillips, Cassis Travel Services
- Best Virtuoso Voyages Experience: Kusadasi by Sea Song Tours - Turkey
- Virtuoso Cruise Ambassador of the Year – Member: Kimberly Wilson Wetty, Valerie Wilson Travel
- Virtuoso Cruise Ambassador of the Year – Partner: Chris Austin, Seabourn
This story originally appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com.