As Croatia travel continues to break records and, with increasing demand for luxury travel to Slovenia and Montenegro, the former Journey2Croatia brand has expanded to its neighboring countries and rebranded the portfolio as J2 Collection.
Journey2Croatia founder Ivana Tomic announced the launch of her new company, J2 Collection, which encompasses Journey2Croatia and new luxury travel brands Journey2Slovenia and Journey2Montenegro, each offering luxury travel planning, concierge and DMC services to travel advisors looking for unique custom experiences for luxury travelers. “Since we’ve been planning luxury itineraries to Croatia’s neighboring countries for more than a decade, we felt the time was right to officially plant a stake in the region,” said Tomic.
The J2 Collection team can craft unique experiences across the region, from little-known aspects of the most popular sites and cities, to customized experiences bringing travelers to spot known only to locals. Using their black book of contacts, the team creates itineraries with private experiences such as a day’s kayaking between secret beaches, hiking to a picnic among olive groves, olive oil tasting and cooking classes with local chefs.
Slovenia is an increasingly popular destination for U.S travelers. Visitors have the opportunity to savor Michelin-starred cuisine or take a stroll through the capital city of Ljubljana for a glimpse of Slovenian culture. Some of the team’s favorite experiences in Slovenia include:
- Exploring Soča Valley and its local culture and cuisine by foraging for herbs, and meeting cheese artisans before joining a chef/guide to prepare a local dish called fritaja
- A day-long hike through the Seven Triglav Lakes region, besides lunch at a mountain hut
- Hiking among one of the few traditional herdsmen settlements in Europe
- Exploring the many art nouveau influences in Ljubljana’s Old Town
Some of the team’s favorite experiences in Montenegro include:
- Exploring Boka Bay by boat with its scenery of lush mountains, medieval towns and the island of Our Lady of the Rocks, built artificially by scuttling old ships and depositing stones around a small crag
- Visiting Kotor, a UNESCO Site that dates back to the Byzantine era; and Perast, home to 19 palaces, including a stay in the largest palace
- A private boat tour of the largest lake on the Balkan Peninsula, an important habitat of swamp birds in Europe, exploring the local islands and a monastery, besides enjoying a picnic in a secluded shoreline
There is more to Croatia than Dubrovnik and Split—think private yacht experiences around the thousand islands of Croatia, little-known wineries, local culinary experiences, rock climbing, biking, and more. The J2 Collection team can craft an ideal itinerary for discerning luxury travelers. For instance, they can learn about medieval frescoes in Croatia’s Istria region with a guide, visiting ancient churches, then to an artisan’s studio to witness how they are created with a chance to try the process. The trip ends with a visit to Hum, the smallest town in the world, where travelers learn about traditional life there and get a glimpse into a bygone era