In celebration of Mountain Lodges of Peru’s 10th Anniversary, the adventure operator has introduced a 10-day itinerary called Grand Andean Experience. The journey combines an exploration of Sacred Valley and Lares mountain communities with the Salkantay Inca Trek.
Travelers will have an opportunity to dive into the history, cultures and landscapes of the region. This physical/cultural/spiritual excursion will be offered only for the company’s 10th anniversary. The itinerary can include trekking, mountain biking, exploring archaeological sites, horseback riding, zip lining, and sightseeing.
The itinerary includes:
- Day 1 – Exploring Pisaq
- Day 2 – Inca Sites and Villages:
- Day 3 – Hiking Among Authentic Inca Trails
- Day 4 – Ollantaytambo Archaeological Site and Quillarumiyoc
- Day 5 – Hike to Lake Humantay
- Day 6 – Crossing the Salkantay Pass
- Day 7 – Descending into the Cloud Forest
- Day 8 – Following the Santa Teresa River Valley
- Day 9 – Llactapata Trek: Getting Closer…
- Day 10 – Visit Machu Picchu Sanctuary
Each of the lodges throughout the tour used traditional Inca building techniques and includes hot showers, gourmet meals, select wines, goose-down beddings, massages, outdoor Jacuzzis, and personalized service.
If guests choose, they have the option of spending an extra day in Machu Picchu. This option includes one additional night at the Inkaterra Pueblo Hotel with dinner on Day 7, breakfast and lunch on Day 8, bus tickets to/from the site, entrance tickets to the Sanctuary, and transfer back to Cusco from Ollantaytambo. This extension does not include a guided visit of the Sanctuary, a climbing permit for Machu Picchu, or hikes to Inca Bridge or Sun Gate; however they can be provided.