VistaJet has unveiled its new pet program, VistaPet, a program that aims to make flying a luxurious experience for pets, after seeing a 104 percent increase in the number of animals flown over the last two years. VistaPet has been designed in collaboration with experienced veterinary practitioners, groomers, dieticians and coaches to respond to the needs and challenges faced when traveling with animals, the company said.
The pet's journey start with a booking service, continues with a flight and ends at a pet-friendly destination. Offers include:
- Fear of flying courses for dogs, in partnership with The Dog House. This four-week course desensitizes pets to what they could experience during a flight – the smell of fuel, the sounds of jet engines, cabin air pressure and the movements of air turbulence.
- Rope toys to keep dogs entertained throughout the flight.
- Passengers will receive a VistaPet pochette – a travel bag that contains a collection of items to take care of pets during and after a flight.
- Balanced menu for members’ pets.
- Cabin Hostesses can offer natural flower essences to mix with pets’ drinking water to aid relaxation during the flight.
A full cabin re-clean is included as standard after every pet flight.
- Pet-friendly facilities and partners all around the globe, when pets arrive at the destination.
- Optional assistance in finding pet walkers, pet hotels, trainers, pet yoga, rafting and surfing.
While flying, VistaPet regulations require that animals are kept on a leash or in a travel cage for take-off and landing. Additionally, since there are no standard rules for the transport of pets around the globe, VistaJet’s customer service team advises passengers on the regulations that apply to their flights and destinations when traveling with pets, including details for vaccinations, microchips, certificates and permits.