W Hotels Worldwide, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and in partnership with Coca-Cola, has announced the debut of the W Sound Suite at W Bali – Seminyak.
The new private music studio and writer’s room will serve as a space where professional recording artists, studio musicians, producers and hotel guests can record their creations. Additional studios are slated to open in several locations throughout the year, including W Hollywood, W Barcelona and W Seattle.
North American music director DJ White Shadow, a Chicago-based producer best known for his work with Lady Gaga, helped to design the W Sound Suites. In addition, The W brand’s longstanding global partner, Coca-Cola, along with Josh Held Design, aim to integrate the Coca-Cola red logo and printed lyrics on the walls of the W Sound Suites.
The first W Sound Suite at W Bali offers a sound-proof space with a large lounge area, a main mixing room complete with professional equipment from Native Instruments and Pioneer and Moog, and private vocal booth overlooking a tropical garden.
In addition, to celebrate the launch of the new suite, W Bali is hosting a new content series in collaboration with upcoming artists called "Sounding Off With…" The program includes monthly podcast-style video conversations that explore the daily life of a touring artist. LA-based electronic indie duo Classixx will kick off the series. Several other musical groups will present their material through in-studio performances throughout the year, and will be available through The Angle, an online magazine.
W Bali is also set to introduce new food menus that aim to “poking fun at celebrity musicians and their infamous riders”. Menu options include:
- The Diva: Lanson Brut Champagne, Lobster Salad with Osetra Caviar & #Lemonade
- The Rock Star: Black Martini & W Candy Shop
- The Studio Geek: Espresso & Artisanal House-made Cracker Jacks
- The Hip Hop Classic: Ciroc Ultra-Premium, Cranberry, Wagyu Beef Sliders & Truffle Fries
- The Indie Kid: Bucket of Local Bintang Beer, Smoked Tom Yum Peanuts & Casava Chips
- The Pop Princess: Raspberry & Rose Bellini, Tropical Fruit & Nitro Bubble Gum Sorbet
- The Party Starter: Lilla Margarita & Wasabi Crab Tacos*
- The Jazz Hands: Coca-Cola Bombay Mocktail & Iberico Jamons
To book a stay at the new W Sound Suite, which includes a private master class lead by W Bali’s Music Curator Damian Saint, visit WRetreatBali.com/WSoundSuite