At Signature Travel Network’s 2022 conference, Monika Leuenberger of Avenues of the World Travel, Flagstaff, Arizona, was awarded the Michelle Morgan Leadership Award. In 2013, Signature Travel Network’s board of directors chose to create a Michelle Morgan Leadership Award as a way to honor the memory and work of Morgan and to recognize other travel industry professionals who embody the qualities that made her successful in both her professional and personal life.
Leuenberger said: “I am so honored to receive the Michelle Morgan Leadership Award. Growing our business for almost 30 years has been fun, challenging and life-changing. 2020 and 2021 were difficult, but with the loyalty and dedication of our team, and incredible support from Signature and fellow members, we got through it, and 2022 is shaping up to be our best year ever.”
Alisa Morgan Prestie, Michelle Morgan’s daughter and Signature’s project director of technology, said, “Monika Leuenberger perfectly embodies the Michelle Morgan Leadership Award. Her humility and strength are evident in her leadership, which drives her successful business and fosters incredible growth for her colleagues. The award selection committee is proud to recognize Monika as a shining example of the same special qualities shared by my mother.”
Michelle Morgan led Signature Travel Network from $30 million in agency sales to over $5 billion in sales during her 22 years of service, and did it with grace and humility, according to the network, always putting the members first. She developed personal relationships with everyone in the industry from travel agency owners, travel advisors and preferred partners, knowing that building strong, meaningful relationships was a key to good business and success.
Award recipients include:
- Carol Lekki, CTC, MCC, DS, president, Carol’s Travel Service, A FROSCH Company, 1st recipient
- Tim Smith, former owner, Carefree Vacations, A FROSCH Company, 2nd recipient
- Vicki Freed, SVP sales, trade support & service, Royal Caribbean International, 3rd recipient
- Cathie Lentz-Fryer, president, CTA Travel, 4th recipient
- Betty Cox, former owner, Travel Concepts, 5th recipient
- Dan Ilves, CTC, MCC, DS, SVP leisure sales & marketing, TravelStore, 6th recipient
- Zane Kerby, president & CEO, American Society of Travel Advisors, 7th recipient
- Olga Placeres, president, Preferred Travel of Naples, 8th recipient
- Monika Leuenberger, president, Avenues of the World Travel, 9th recipient