Held August 12-18, this year’s Virtuoso Travel Week convened thousands of top luxury travel professionals and brands from over 100 countries. Kicking off the event, over 900 advisors and 96 Virtuoso partners participated in the Community Globetrotting event on August 12.
Virtuoso also announced the winners of this year’s Virtuoso Community Awards during the event. Recipients were recognized during the Virtuoso Community Globetrotting lunch at ARIA Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on August 12.
Virtuoso Communities are built around groups of the network’s advisors and preferred partners who specialize in the travel areas of Adventure, Cruise, Culinary, Family and Celebration, Ultraluxe and Wellness. The groups offer advisors the opportunity to connect with each other as well as preferred partners to build relationships, share experiences, learn about new offerings and become more engaged with these consumer passion points for travel. This year’s Virtuoso Community Awards recognize the network’s advisors and partners that have made exceptional efforts and illustrated immense passion within their respective community. Virtuoso travel advisors voted on preferred partners in each category, while the winning advisors were determined by sales production in their respective Communities as reported to Virtuoso by their member agency.
The winners of the 2023 Virtuoso Community Awards are:
- Adventure – Advisor winner, Michael Kempinski, Northstar Cruises; Partner winner, Lindblad Expeditions
- Cruise – Advisor winner, David Porter, Roaming Boomers Travel Services, an independent affiliate of Cadence; Partner winner, Silversea Cruises
- Culinary – Advisor winner, John Skelton, John Skelton Travels, an independent affiliate of Departure Lounge; Partner winner, IC Bellagio
- Family and Celebration – Advisor winner, Cristina Buaas, CSB Travel; Partner winner, Micato Safaris
- Ultraluxe – Advisor winner, Sue Kasmar, Sue Kasmar Travel; Partner winner, Cheval Blanc Paris
- Wellness – Advisor winner, Josephine DeMuth, Bayview Travel; Partner winner, Joali Being