Avanti Destinations, a travel company, is dishing out new foodie-inspired vacations for travel advisors to recommend to their clients headed to Europe.
New vacations include: A 10-day European Classics for Foodies visiting London, Paris and Rome, and a 13-day Flavors of Southern Europe that takes in Rome, Athens, Barcelona and Madrid. The packages include transatlantic airfare, transfers, hotels and tours.
The company’s other offerings include customizable land-only programs, such as Sips & Samples of Southern England, Taste of the Wachau Valley (Austria) and Gastronomic Wonders of France & Spain, as well as more than 30 new experiences that can be added to any custom itinerary.
From these packages, travelers can take part in a pierogi-making class and vodka tour in Krakow or Warsaw, a macaron or baguette class in Paris, a Nordic "food walking" tour of Stockholm, a risotto-cooking class near Lake Lugano, dinner with a Parisian family, a private distillery experience in Helsinki, tours of local-favorite markets in Vienna, Paris and Avignon and, to satisfy the sweet tooth, a chocolate-making workshop in Paris. Gluten-free and vegetarian classes are available for those with dietary restrictions.
Additional details regarding the European Classics for Foodies and Flavors of Southern Europe packages are as follows:
European Classics for Foodies: This air-inclusive Avanti Journeys vacation provides three nights each in London, Paris and Rome. The itinerary includes:
- Walking tour of pubs in London’s Docklands
- City of London gin distillery tour and tasting
- Gastronomy walking tour of Montmartre
- Cooking class with market visit and lunch in Paris
- Private market tour and cooking class with two chefs (Rome)
- Dinner party in a Roman home.
Flavors of Southern Europe: Travelers spend three nights each in Rome, Athens, Barcelona and Madrid. The itinerary includes:
- Private walking tour with local tastings (Rome)
- Market tour and cooking class with two chefs (Rome)
- Private “Flavors of Athens” walking tour (with tastings).
- Barcelona as a Local walking food tour.
- Private Spanish wine tasting (Barcelona)
- Private “Taverns and Markets” walking tour (Madrid).
- Traditional paella cooking class with lunch (Madrid).
Bonus: For each Avanti booking of at least $2,500, advisors can earn an additional $100 bonus commission. This only applies for sales made before October 31, 2018 for travel taking place between October 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.