Grand Velas Los Cabos recently announced its Grand Chefs Festival, taking place June 21 - 25. The festival invites traveling foodies to join James Beard Award winners, top Food Network chefs, Michelin star recipients and standout culinary professionals for demonstrations, chef meet-and-greets, master mixology, and more. A nightly highlight of the event is a tasting dinner from a visiting chef paired with one of the resort's head restaurant chefs. The host of the event is Juan Licerio Alcala, executive chef of Grand Velas Los Cabos and creator of the $25K World's Most Expensive Taco.
Guest chefs participating include:
- Food Network Star season seven winner, Penni Davini
- Gilles Epie, the youngest chef to ever receive the Michelin Star
- James Beard Award of Excellence Winner and Chopped judge, Manet Chaihan
- Food Network Star season 11 winner, Eddie Jackson
- Culinary Hall of Famer and Food Network chef, Elizabeth Falkner
- Host of Food Network's primetime series Kid in a Candy Store, Adam Gertler
- Winner of Food Network's "Chopped" and Top Chef finalist, Katsuji Tanabe
- Celebrity mixologist of SpikeTV's Bar Rescue, Mia Mastroianni
- U.S. Food Chef, Ken Barmoski
- Chef Ricardo de la Vega
Guests staying at the resort can attend the festival complimentary with prior reservations. Availability is limited and reservations are required. Events of the Grand Chefs festival are open to the public starting at $70 per ticket. Nightly rates start at $750 per person per night and include luxury suite accommodations, a la carte gourmet meals at a variety of specialty restaurants, premium branded beverages, 24-hour in-suite service, fitness center, nightly entertainment and more.