The Catalina Island Company is relaunching Hotel Atwater after extensive renovations. Located in Avalon, just off the Southern California coast on Catalina Island, the nearly 100-year-old property offers modern amenities while staying true to its tradition.
Hotel Atwater is a tribute to Helen Atwater Wrigley, wife of Wrigley’s son Philip Knight Wrigley. Little touches here and there show it. Bud vases filled with fragrant carnations, for example, are in remembrance of her love of flowers.
Each of the 95 accommodations are bright and airy, with pops of bright coral and pale teal. Amenities include king beds, one and a half baths, a separate living space with a sleeper sofa, bar and desk, and views of the ocean, town of Avalon or mountains. Standard rooms offer king or queen beds. All rooms are equipped with digital concierge tablets, high-speed Wi-Fi and smart televisions.
The hotel lobby is decorated to create a social atmosphere. Decorative elements including the original Wrigley family safe, books of family history and an accordion and harp. The meeting and event space can hold up to 65 people.
Hotel Atwater offers several amenities and access to Catalina Island Company experiences. Included in the destination fee, guests will receive:
- A $40 food and beverage credit per night to be used at Avalon Grille, Mt. Ada, Descanso Beach Club and Descanso Fresh
- Access to Island Spa Catalina’s Wellness Studio
- Beach towels and access to Descanso Beach Club
- Complimentary tickets for the Discover the Casino Tour and Glass Bottom Boat Voyage
- Use of bicycles to get around Avalon
- Luggage service to and from the ferry terminal