Located in St. Michaels, MD, Inn at Perry Cabin has announced two charitable initiatives in an effort to support the surrounding Chesapeake Bay community and those who are working to keep Maryland safe during these challenging times.
- First Friday's: Every Friday, Inn at Perry Cabin’s STARS restaurant is providing upwards of 150-plus free meals to First Responders and their families in St. Michaels.
- Feed the Front: Inn at Perry Cabin is partnering with Feed the Front Maryland Eastern Shore—a joint initiative of several organizations in Dorchester and Talbot counties with the objective to provide meals for frontline workers, while also supporting the local restaurants’ businesses. Feed the Front matches STARS with a frontline organization and coordinates the exact number of meals and method of delivery.
How the Feed the Front Program Works:
- The Goal: Mobilize Maryland’s Eastern Shore to donate meals to essential workers and medical personnel in a time of crisis while helping local restaurants
- Donation: When you to donate to Feed the Front Maryland Eastern Shore, the organization will order meals from local restaurants, at deeply discounted price; depending on the size of the donation, the meal will feed five police officers on patrol or an entire emergency room shift crew, while also supporting the local business and its staff
- Result: Feed the Front Maryland Eastern Shore matches organizations in Dorchester and Talbot counties with participating results; meals are delivered to frontline workers including doctors, nurses, police officers, rescue worker, and other units working hard to save lives
“Inn at Perry Cabin has called St. Michaels and Chesapeake Bay home for over 150 years and is honored to support local first responders and their families with our First Friday Food initiative, and have now teamed up with Feed the Front on Maryland’s Eastern Shore to expand our reach and impact this important initiative,” said Michael B. Hoffmann, managing director, Perry Cabin Resorts & Golf. “We are filled with hope and faith in our community and thank all of our guests and patrons who have offered assistance and support in the past several weeks.”
This Friday, May 1, Inn at Perry Cabin will be feeding the day shift at the Easton Hospital. This effort will consist of 270 Meals that Inn at Perry Cabin team will be delivering to the hospital; the culinary team will be handling the preparation of the salad, pasta dish and cookies.
Inn at Perry Cabin is currently closed until travel restrictions and stay-at-home orders are lifted in Maryland. The culinary team at STARS restaurant continues to offer STARS To-Go for curbside pickup.