The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (LHW) has announce the addition of 12 new members to its portfolio. The fall collection, LHW, is defined by their deep cultural connections within their destinations. Property additions include hotels around the globe that are set in restored monasteries, luxurious tented camps, expansive farm estates, and even new waterfront masterpieces.
New hotels include:
New to Europe
- Grand Park Hotel Rovinj (Rovinj, Croatia): Opened in April 2019, this 209-room seafront property is located in a pine forest overlooking Katarina Island and the charming Old Town of Rovinj. The seaside oasis includes an award-wining spa.
- Relais San Maurizio (Santo Stefano Belbo, Italy): This former Italian monastery was founded in 1619, arriving at its current incarnation as a luxury spa resort in the early 2000s. History and character infuse the property, from the 31 guestrooms that once accommodated monks, to the gorgeous vineyards.
- Verdura Resort, a Rocco Forte Hotel (Sicily, Italy): This retreat on Sicily’s southwest coast blends modern design with local charm. The 550-plus-acre property includes 254 rooms and sea and countryside offerings. Guests can play tennis among the orange groves or master Sicilian cooking.
- São Lourenço do Barrocal (Monsaraz, Portugal): In the same family for over 200 years, São Lourenço do Barrocal is the heart of an ancient, small farming village in Portugal’s foothills of Monsaraz. The 2,000-acre estate was restored to a luxurious hotel and working farm that includes 75 guestrooms and cottages, a winery, two farm-to-table restaurants, a spa and stables.
- Abadia Retuerta LeDomaine (Sardon de Duero, Spain): This restored abbey is majestically set on 500 acres of vineyards in the Duero Valley. The exclusive 30-room retreat specially curates experiences around wine, gastronomy, nature, art and wellness.
- Anantara Villa Padierna Palace (Marbella, Spain): The 132-room resort is just minutes from the sea and blends nature with the art and culture of the region. More than 1,200 works of classic art adorn the resort; there are also golf courses and a Mediterranean Beach Club.
- La Reserve Eden au Lac Zurich (Zurich, Switzerland): This lakeside hotel opened January 2020 after a two-year restoration project led by Philippe Starck. The 40-room property has a 100-year history on the shores of Lake Zurich.
New to The Americas
- Nayara Tented Camp (La Fortuna, Costa Rica): Set on the edge of the Arenal Volcano National Park, Nayara opened in December 2019. Twenty-nine tented accommodations showcase unobstructed volcano views and private plunge pools fed by natural mineral hot springs.
- Nobu Hotel Chicago (Chicago, Illinois): Making its opening debut in July 2020, Nobu Hotel Chicago provides a stylish stay on Chicago’s famed “Restaurant Row.” The hotel has 115 tastefully appointed rooms, a signature Nobu Restaurant and the new-concept Nobu Rooftop.
New to Asia
- The Murray Hong Kong (Hong Kong SAR, China): Located along legendary Cotton Tree Drive, The Murray is one of the newest landmark hotels in the city. The contemporary hotel was redesigned, so that the architectural and interior finishes celebrate the past and future of the city. There are 336 rooms, five dining destinations and a rooftop with panoramic city views.
- The Kahala Hotel Resort Yokohama (Yokohama, Japan): Opening September 2020, this newcomer introduces graceful elegance and superlative hospitality to Yokohama’s waterfront. The property, which includes 146 rooms, was designed to invite guests into a mood of deep relaxation. Guests have access to various culinary options, a spa and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
- Capella Bangkok (Bangkok, Thailand): Opening October 2020, the urban resort boasts 101 accommodation offerings, that include river-front villas with private plunge pools. There will be fine dining overseen by a Michelin-starred chef and a breezy trend-setting style.