With summer here, Palace Hotel Tokyo has introduced its “Celebrating Tokyo” bespoke guest experience, which will mark the last in a series of five seasonal offerings rolled out over the past year to celebrate Palace Hotel Tokyo’s five-year anniversary on May 17.
The new package includes an inspired suite of offerings at the hotel itself as well as five unique cultural experiences around Tokyo themed on travelers’ pursuit of "impressive sights, meaningful touch, fantastic food, and resonant scents and sounds for the ultimate Japanese escape."
The Celebrating Tokyo package touches on the five senses as follows:
- Sight—At the hotel: Accommodation for five nights in a Deluxe Room with balcony or guests’ choice of suite with views of the Imperial Palace gardens.
- Around Tokyo: Choice of two tickets to the Edo-Tokyo Museum of history or the recently opened Sumida Hokusai Museum exhibiting the works of ukiyo-e artist Katsushika Hokusai.
- Touch—At the hotel: His & hers Vitalizing Signature treatments, a therapeutic blend of deep tissue massage and traditional Japanese seitai acupressure for 90 minutes of pure bliss at evian SPA TOKYO.
- Around Tokyo: A 90-minute sushi-making class at Tokyo Sushi Academy, located at the world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market.
- Scent—At the hotel: A gift of an aroma reed diffuser presentation of the hotel’s Pure Tranquility signature scent, a melding of 11 essential oils including blue cypress, anise, lavender, lemon, lime and eucalyptus.
- Around Tokyo: A half-day, privately guided city tour tailored entirely to your interests, whether it be sightseeing, shopping or an introduction to Japanese art & architecture.
- Taste—At the hotel: A prix-fixe dinner for two at one of the hotel’s Japanese outposts, with a choice of kaiseki at Wadakura, teppanyaki at GO or tempura at Tatsumi.
- Around Tokyo: A curated, half-day foodie excursion privately hosted by Tokyo Tomo for an introduction to Tokyo’s lively and popular casual food culture.
- Sound—At the hotel: A tasting of homemade chocolate by the hotel’s very own chocolatier paired with two glasses of champagne and live Jazz one evening at The Palace Lounge.
- Around Tokyo: A private, 60-minute introductory lesson on traditional Japanese taiko drumming at Taiko-Center Tokyo.
In addition, the five-night package comes with Club Lounge access, which includes: daily buffet breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails & canapés; in-lounge check-in and check-out; and dedicated concierge service.
Celebrating Tokyo will be available for stays through December 18 (bookings must be made a minimum two weeks in advance). Rates start at JPY 785,000 (approximately $7,015).