Preferred Hotels & Resorts announced that, between May and July, the brand added 23 new member hotels and resorts across 13 different countries to its collection. Some highlights of the additions include:
Ambassador Chicago: A landmark in Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood, the original boutique hotel has been reimagined and reopened with 285 guest rooms and suites. The hotel restaurant embraces the style of the 1930s and 1940s in a modern dining setting.
Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel: The 40-story luxury property is a short walk from Tokyo’s Shibuya Station and famous attractions such as the Hachiko and Shibuya Crossing, the world’s busiest pedestrian intersection. At the hotel’s restaurant Coucagno, guests can enjoy traditional French Provencal cuisine with a view of the Tokyo skyline. Traditional Japanese performance arts shows are regularly scheduled at the on-site Noh Theater.
Merchants Manor Hotel & Spa: Built in 1913, this hotel is situated on the south coast of Cornwall, only five minutes away from the town of Falmouth and the area’s beaches. The historical white-stone country room has 39 rooms and suites, as well as the award-winning day spa, the Linens Room. Classic cocktails and local ales are served at The Brassiere, a bar decorated by original artifacts from the hotel’s beginnings.
Hotel MiM Sitges: Approximately 45 minutes southwest of Barcelona in Sitges, Spain, this hotel aims to be an “under-the-radar” Mediterranean-style getaway. From the hotel’s rooftop lounge, Sky Bar, guests can sip cocktails, enjoy rounds of tapas and take in the 360-degree panoramic view of the town and the ocean. The accompanying MiM Spa is a 5,000-plus-square-foot facility with a hydrotherapy zone, a salt water pool, sauna, hammam, eight treatment rooms and an oxygen room.
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall: This Caribbean all-inclusive is located in Jamaica’s Montego Bay. Golfers can tee off at the nearby 18-hole, seaside Cinnamon Hill golf course, while foodies can explore a number of culinary options, from regional Jamaican cuisine to Japanese teppanyaki to Italian cuisine at the resort’s five restaurants. The resort also has a seaside spa, Roman baths and a wellness center for those looking to relax.
Additional member hotels to join the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio during from May through July 2017 include:
- Allium Villas Resort (Bodrum, Turkey)
- Bear Mountain Inn (Bear Mountain, New York, United States)
- Biyadhoo Island Resort (South Malé Atoll, Maldives)
- Grand Polanco Residencial (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Hotel Bristol Palace (Genova, Italy)
- Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso (Playa Del Carmen, Mexico)
- Minyoun Chengdu Dongda Hotel (Chengdu, China)
- Minyoun Chengdu Kehua Hotel (Chengdu, China)
- Naples Bay Resort (Naples, Florida, United States)
- Pestana Vintage Porto Hotel (Porto, Portugal)
- Sherwood Suites (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam)
- The Chedi (Mumbai, India)
- The Guest House of Graceland (Memphis, Tennessee, United States)
- Water’s Edge Resort & Spa (Westbrook, Connecticut, United States)
- WelcomHotel Coimbatore (Coimbatore, India)
- Windsor Plaza Hotel (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam)