The Ritz-Carlton, Xi’an is now open in the ancient provincial capital of Shaanxi, which is home to 2,000 Terracotta Warriors. Thousands of year ago, it served as one of China’s four ancient capitals and is the former home to 13 imperial Chinese dynasties. Today, the city is a crossroad to one of the country’s most important trading corridors. Guests of The Ritz-Carlton, Xi’an can witness the Terracotta Warriors, Great Wild Goose Pagoda and old City Walls.
Designed by Remedios Studio, interiors reflect the architecture, history and culture of Xi’an. To showcase the ancient capital further, the hotel will be playing traditional pipa music in the evening. Listeners can enjoy the tunes with drinks and snacks.
The hotel’s 283 guestrooms include 31 contemporary suites. The Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge, located on the 23rd floor, is accessible to guests who stay at the Club Floor. There, guests can experience dedicated service and watch culinary presentations throughout the day while looking out to downtown Xi’an.
Five signature dining experiences include:
- All-day dining at Xian Kitchen serves both western and local cuisine
- The Japanese teppanyaki restaurant, Tasuro, hosts six live cooking stations with fresh seasonal produce and ingredients as well as a selection of sake
- Jing Xuan dishes out Cantonese cuisine
- The Lobby Lounge provides an outdoor terrace, appropriate for a business meeting or sip of afternoon tea
- Flair provides panoramic views of Xi’an with drinks concocted by mixologists
The Ritz-Carlton Spa provide treatments that takes influence from Chinese traditions. One notable treatment includes Silk Reviver, which features several traditions, including rescue release massage, back exfoliation, a facial and signature scalp treatment. Additional wellness amenities include a fitness center and yoga studio.
The rooms and banquet facilities are ideal for events such as business meetings and larger social affairs, while the Junior Ballroom can host intimate gatherings and weddings.