The Souq Al Wakra Hotel Qatar by Tivoli has launched in Al Wakra, a seaside district that is gaining prominence. The area is less than a half hour south of Doha, the capital of Qatar.
Al Wakra has been a trading post since the 1600’s, having been known for pearl divers, sailors and fishermen. The new hotel has two buildings with more than 100 guest rooms. Both structures originated as heritage houses.
The rooms reflect both the sea and desert, as they were modeled after Wakra’s history as a pearl diving and fishing village. They have thatched roofs, echoing the basket weaving traditions of the region.
The hotel’s walkways go to courtyards. Rooms can be sectioned off, so guests could utilize the courtyards for group events. The large parties can stay together in guest rooms by Qatari majlis, historically used as meeting centers for family and business-related issues.
Souq Al Wakra Hotel Qatar by Tivoli also provides five eateries:
- Jarnen: Mediterranean dining with seafood from the local Al Wakra market.
- Markhan: an Arabic fusion lounge that allows guests a view of the sunset from the terrace overlooking the gulf.
- Ernshoot: provides dishes ranging from sushi to tandoori kebabs.
- Lobby Lounge: a place for quick bites.
- Mahaadeg’s terrace: serves a variety of international dishes.
The hotel’s Tivoli Spa has separate treatment rooms for men and women and a hydro pool, steam room. To fight stress, the spa has a Vichi Shower and Jacuzzi. Each building also has a multi-functional gym for people who stay, and the Souq Al Warka Hotel Qatar has direct access to Al Wakra’s public beach.
The Doha’s Hamad International Airport is 15 minutes away.