Velas Resorts in Mexico has launched a “Multi-Day Menu of Wedding Activities” to reinvent the destination wedding experience. With 60 percent of Velas couples opting for more than just the traditional wedding and reception, Velas Resorts provides a range of experiences and entertainment at its properties in Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit and Los Cabos for couples and their guests.
The multi-day wedding menu of services includes:
- Welcome Cocktails and Carajillo Bar: The celebration begins with an intimate gathering at the carajillo bar where guests can enjoy personalized drinks and amenities to celebrate the couple. The carajillo, a hot coffee drink mixed with hard liquor, dates back to Spanish troops and is a popular part of Mexican restaurant culture. Velas Resorts offers a range of unique flavors from traditional to trendy such as s’mores, coconut, Mexican cinnamon-infused Rumchata, pistachio, mint, chai and gold.
- Pre-Wedding Spa Atelier Experience: This experience prepares brides and bridesmaids for the big day with restorative yoga, meditation, a skincare workshop and an exfoliant crafting session. The experience concludes with a relaxing water ceremony at the spa.
- Kermes Rehearsal Dinner: The traditional Kermes rehearsal dinner provides a taste of Mexican culture and cuisine. Complete with a mariachi band, fire show, interactive Mexican Antojitos station, traditional games and fireworks, the rehearsal dinner sets the stage for the main event.
- Wellness Workshops: Guests can enjoy wellness treatments at Velas Resorts’ spas. When seven or more suites are booked, guests at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit can enjoy a complimentary personalized wellness getaway designed by the director of the Mexican Institute of Yoga. This offering begins with a consultation and includes activities such as yoga, mindful eating seminars, ayurvedic massages, and more. Guests also receive a $50 credit at the resort’s SE Spa, including a complimentary session of the Hydrotherapy Journey.
- Group Excursions: From guided city tours and scenic hikes to cultural experiences and yacht trips, couples can plan excursions for all guests before their big day.
- Interactive Workshops: Couples and their guests can enjoy immersive experiences such as molcajete salsa preparation classes, dance lessons, jewelry-making workshops and tequila masterclasses hosted at Grand Velas Los Cabos’ Uber Tequila Mezcal Bar.
- Luxury Bonfire Experience: The set-up includes curated menus, decor, music and more. The beach is the perfect place to watch the sunset during a four-hour experience around a bonfire dug into the sand.
- Cigar Roller Class for the Groom: The men of the group can indulge in a luxurious experience where the resort’s cigar sommeliers will lead them through the art of cigar tasting. This experience offers insights into various cigar types, their origins, and the process involved in rolling and preparing cigars.
- Movie Party Experience: Guests can enjoy popcorn and gourmet refreshments along with a dedicated concierge to assist with any further requests throughout the film screening.
- Bridal Suite Experience: The bridal party is invited to get ready in the 453-square-foot Bridal Suite. Additional amenities include a gourmet breakfast spread, spa treatments and facials, aromatherapy and an in-suite massage table.
- Post-Wedding Oceanfront Brunch: After the big day, couples can extend the celebration with a post-wedding brunch and celebrate the newlyweds before departure.
The price of each service varies depending on the number of guests, activities and property. All activities are subject to availability.