Sports Tours International has announced that they are offering two comprehensive sports vacation packages this fall centered around two of the cycling world’s most popular competitions- the Giro di Lombardia in Italy and the Ghent 6 in Belgium.
The Giro di Lombardia
The first is a weekend travel package for October 7-8 on Italy’s Lake Como that focuses on the 2017 Giro di Lombardia race. This package will give guests an opportunity to experience one of the most prestigious one-day cycling events of the entire year.
The Giro di Lombardia, also known as the Autumn Classic or the Race of the Falling Leaves, is the last of the five Monuments and is considered one of the most distinguished and challenging races on the UCI World Tour calendar. Through Sports Tours International, you can take it all in yourself with their weekend tour.
The package includes:
- Flight transfers on Friday and Monday to and from Milan-Malpensa
- Three nights stay at the hotel Boro Antico in Como with breakfasts included
- A guided ride on Lombardia day to watch the race
- Secure bike storage at the hotel
- The official 2017 Il Lombardia road book
- Support from STI’s driver and bike guide
- A comprehensive travel itinerary
- (Optional) finish line hospitality at the end of the race, including access to the Giro Club
For an additional fee, you also have the opportunity to ride the final section of the route of the Il Lombardia the day after watching the pros run the course.
The Ghent 6
Sports Tours International is also offering a trip to Ghent, Belgium to see part of the Ghent 6, a 6-day track cycling event from Nov. 15-20.
In this legendary event, 26 riders in teams of two compete a series of races that go on for almost six hours straight and cover over 60 miles every single night.
This travel package offers tickets for all nights of the event at Kuipke Stadium, as well as one, two, or three-night lodging packages at a hotel within walking distance of the track.