With a renewed focus on health and wellbeing among travelers as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the founders of Naya Traveler have launched “The Wellness Edition” in their “Best of Bubble Travel” portfolio, offering journeys that focus on rejuvenating the mind, body and soul. All of the destinations have been selected to focus on what is open for travel, using properties and services that have heightened measures for COVID, as well as in-house testing and other features to make the travel experience as seamless as possible.
Here are the options:
Utah, U.S.A: For the Desert Dwellers
With the highest concentration of national parks in America, the Colorado Plateau offers opportunities to explore the likes of Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park by air, by car and on foot. For those looking to restore and rebalance, it is the perfect place to delve into the ancient healing traditions of the Navajo, drawing on the elements of earth, wind, fire and water.
Highlights include a range of one-of-a-kind experiences that bring you closer to the culture and history of the Navajo people, such as Navajo-guided tours of the slot canyons and Monument Valley Tribal Park, along with storytelling sessions and ritual dances by the fire.
Other highlights include:
- Hiking and climbing: Graded by difficulty, guided hikes offer guests the opportunity to discover the geological wonders of the landscape
- Private boat tours: Navigate the reservoir of Lake Powell by kayak, take a stand-up paddleboard across the waters, or explore from the comfort of a luxury private boat
- Horseback riding: Explore the Utah desert with seasoned wranglers, riding trails available both in the area and beyond
- Private air tours: Working closely with the area’s best pilots, you’ll experience the awe-inspiring scale of Canyon Country from on high—by plane, helicopter or on a sunrise balloon trip.
- Native wellness: Hózhó healing, relaxing massages, restorative therapies, Yoga practice and grounding rituals.
As part of the trip, guests will stay at Amangiri. Each Suite has an outdoor lounge and fireplace with expansive desert views, while some have a private pool or roof terrace.
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico: A Luxury Eco-Haven
One&Only Mandarina // Photo courtesy of Naya Traveler
Naya Traveler’s team of chefs, experience guides and wellness gurus are on hand to lead travelers on guided meditations on your terrace, an early morning hike through the jungle and more. Highlights include:
- Ocean adventures: Swim with whale sharks, stand-up paddleboard through a wild rainforest estuary or fish with expert local fishermen
- Nature trails: Explore miles of hiking and biking trails and discover La Abuela (“grandmother tree”) and ancient petroglyphs
- Culinary encounters: Make an authentic Mexican taco from scratch, discover astrological dining delights, or connect with cacao consciousness in one of the many foodie experiences
- Polo and equestrian club: Enjoy horseback lessons, polo lessons and trail riding
- Wellness inspired by nature: Breathe in the fresh sea air, tune into the sound of birdsong and feel completely castaway with mindfulness and yoga classes, as well as treatments at the One&Only Spa, inspired by both progressive and ancient healing practices
The trip is based at One&Only Mandarina, which offers “cutting-edge” treehouses perched amidst the canopy with private terraces and plunge pools, Cliff Villas set on the rockface, and Grand Villas, perfect for bigger groups and families.
St. Martin, Caribbean: French Island Chic
Belmond La Samana // Photo courtesy of Naya Traveler
The small island of St. Martin offers all you'd expect from a Caribbean island in terms of white sand beaches, as well as a thriving culture and heritage. Its varied history leads it to combine cultural influences from the Arawaks and several European nations, most notably the French and Dutch, between whom the island was settled with the Partition Treaty of 1648.
Travelers can take to the waves with instructors for an aquatic adventure or enjoy an energizing yoga class to start your day. There is a host of sporting, cultural and culinary Caribbean activities to enrich your time on the island, or you can enjoy an al fresco massage or lie in a hammock. Take a day cruise around the island or savor a sumptuous private dinner by the shore. Other options include:
- Island-hopping boat day
- Non-motorized water sports
- Creole Rock snorkel adventure
- Hiking with the Arawaks
- Day trip to Tantamarre Island
Guests will stay at Belmond La Samanna. Rooms offer terraces and private plunge pools.
The itineraries are all adapted to current travel protocols, vetted by experts and are tailored to individual needs and preferences. All itineraries include luxury accommodation, all daily activities and excursions with a private, English-speaking host and expert guides, some meals, all applicable tourism fees and taxes.