Virtuoso concluded its 35th annual Virtuoso Travel Week with an evening of recognition honoring individuals and entities that have gone above and beyond in the travel industry over the past year. Taking place August 12-18, this year’s Virtuoso Travel Week offered virtual and in-person experiences held in Las Vegas at Bellagio Resort & Casino, ARIA Resort & Casino and Vdara Hotel & Spa. The gala, which took place August 17 at Bellagio, spotlighted the network’s most esteemed travel agencies, advisors and preferred partners.
Virtuoso’s professional travel advisors from 54 countries served as Best of the Best award voters. Editors of “Virtuoso, The Magazine,” the network’s flagship publication, offered insights to narrow the field of nominees for which the advisors voted. Winners will be showcased in the magazine’s November/December issue.
2023 Recognition Recipients
- Best Hotel: This award recognizes an iconic hotel that epitomizes excellence in luxury hospitality.
- Winner: San Domenico Palace, Taormina, A Four Seasons Hotel
- Best New or Reimagined Hotel: This award recognizes a hotel that is either newly opened (within the last 12 months) or has re-opened after an extensive renovation resulting in a new hotel experience.
- Winner: The Peninsula Istanbul
- Hotelier of the Year: This award recognizes an experienced hotel manager who demonstrates unparalleled leadership and vision, an unrelenting passion for the industry, an engaged commitment to the network of Virtuoso travel advisors and an astute appreciation for detail.
- Winner: Markos Chaidemenos, Canaves Oia
- Best On-site: This award recognizes an on-site partner who creates outstanding customized experiences.
- Winner: Southern Crossings
- Best Tour Operator: This award recognizes a tour operator or wholesaler partner with the most compelling vacation options and itineraries, whether FIT or escorted.
- Winner: Tauck
- Best Tourism Board: This award recognizes a tourism board partner that epitomizes excellence and is highly engaged with the Virtuoso advisor membership.
- Winner: Switzerland Tourism
- Best Specialty, Insurance or Airline: This award recognizes a partner providing exemplary service focused on insurance, auto rental, private jet and other service partners.
- Winner: Emirates
- Most Engaged Global Agency: Collaboration is one of Virtuoso’s core values, and the winner of this award recognizes a member agency with the highest engagement based on agency participation within the network.
- Winner: Q Cruise + Travel
- Luminary: The Luminary Award recognizes a Virtuoso partner that upholds the highest professional standards, serves as a leader in their industry and embodies the spirit of the network through their dedication and engagement. The recipient of this award sets a standard for others to follow.
- Winner: Tourism Australia
- Rising Star: This award recognizes the outstanding achievements of a new-to-industry Virtuoso travel advisor who demonstrates an exceptional level of production and engagement to the network.
- Winner: Christy Menzies, Menzies Luxe Retreats, an independent affiliate of Brownell Travel
- Ruby of Siam: The prestigious “Ruby of Siam” is an honor with longstanding tradition within Virtuoso since 1987. It is presented to an agency owners or managers who selflessly gives of their time, effort and wisdom to elevate Virtuoso’s collective reputation and perceived value.
- Winner: Jaime Leon and Laura Asilis, Travelwise