Up next from out “Five Secrets to Success” series is Wendy Taylor of Preferred Travel of Naples. Taylor, who was featured in our December 2016 Trendsetters issue, took the time out of her day from “gorgeous” Benguerra Island in Mozambique to share the tips that have led to her success.
Among Taylor’s favorite destinations to sell are Asia and Africa. At Preferred Travel of Naples, she is the Leisure Division Leader. “While these items seem simple, they are all crucial to success,” she says of her secrets.
- Great relationships—A key is to have great relationships with clients and vendors. Matching the clients with the right product is imperative.
- Communicate—Communication with clients and vendors is also extremely important so that each person's expectation is met or exceeded.
- Personal touches—Design detailed itineraries with personal touches and preferences. I can only do this by listening to my clients and qualifying them.
- Keep a calendar—My calendar is extremely important to keep me on track with deadlines and time frames. I also log my client's trips on my calendar to ensure I know where they are and can keep current world events in the forefront of the mind. I make sure it's kept up to date with current information.
- Continue educating yourself—I challenge myself to stay relevant with continuing education through meetings, courses, networking and travel.
Make sure to keep checking out Luxury Travel Advisor every Tuesday and Thursday for more Secrets to Success from our featured advisors!