Experiences for outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, history buffs and wellness-seekers are all available on Crystal Cruises’ 2019 World Cruise. The 85-day “Grand Continental Odysseys” voyage aboard Crystal Serenity embarks from Los Angeles on January 13, 2019 on a journey through the islands of Hawaii, Fiji and the South Pacific; coasts of Australia and New Zealand; savannahs and mountains of Africa; and historical sites of the Mediterranean. In all, more than 300 Crystal Adventures ashore—24 of them brand new—are available, with an array of options to suit almost any style.
World Cruise guests can tailor their shoreside discoveries to the guests' own interests and preferences, or so they can venture outside of their comfort zones during new pursuits. Private cars and drivers are also available in nearly every port for fully customized exploration. A sampling of the hundreds of 2019 World Cruise Crystal Adventures includes:
- Kayaking in Namibia’s Pelican Point from Walvis Bay, where Cape fur seals, flamingoes, cormorants and other wildlife congregate around the shores. (New)
- Running a 14K along Auckland’s iconic “Around the Bays” race route, through the city’s scenic sites, beaches, cafes and crimson Pohutukawa trees, with stops at famed lookout points and monuments.
- Cage diving with great white sharks off the coast of Cape Town, where guests can submerge themselves into the water for close-up encounters, or observe the action from the boat above.
- Hiking and climbing the Las Palomas Volcanic Tube in Santa Cruz de la Palma, Spain, a cave that delves deep into the earth, featuring fascinating wildlife and geology in the darkness.
- Rainforest hiking in Maui, highlighting the waterfalls and vegetation for which the Hawaiian Islands are known.
- Visiting South Africa’s big cats and crocodiles, a two-part excursion from Richards Bay, where guests will visit the Emdoneni Cat Rehabilitation center for orphaned wildcats, as well as the Zulu Croc Farm, and learn about conservation and care. (New)
- Observing the wild horses of the Namib Desert, where the steeds roam more than 135 square miles.
- Greeting koalas, kangaroos, emus, wombat, dingoes and more in Sydney’s Featherdale Wildlife Park.
- Tracking the “Big 5” on safaris through South African savannah, offering several VIP experiences at private game reserves and opportunities to track hippo, giraffes, lions, elephants and other wild residents of the plains. A new special gorilla tracking program through Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park takes guests on a quest in search of the resident gorilla families, guided by conservationist experts. The adventures include luxury lodge accommodations and traditional dining experiences and details in addition to guided game drives with local experts.
- Discovering Western Australia’s foodie culture, with a visit to Cape Naturaliste Vineyard, where guests will meet the vineyard owner and taste fine wines; then sample chocolates at Gabriel Chocolate Factory; and duck behind the scenes at Cowaramup Brewery for a brewer-guided tour, followed by lunch and beer tastings. (New.)
- Tasting local oysters and wines in Hobart, Tasmania, with visits to the facilities at Barilla Oyster Farm and Meadowbank Estate for informative insights.
- Sipping coffee with chocolate in Honolulu, with visits to a local family-owned farm, mill and coffee and cocoa plantation, as well as a chocolate factory for a glimpse into the process of creating Hawaiian chocolate.
- Exploring Nice on an excursion from Monte Carlo that takes guests through Villefranche, Cap Ferrat and Beaulieu en route to the market in Old Town Nice and onward for a wine and cheese pairing.
- Enjoy a full day of gourmet delights along South Africa’s Western Cape, with visits to a wine estate, a cellar tour with a wine and olive tasting, a lunch at a renowned restaurant paired with wines from a neighboring winery, and a cheese and wine pairing session.
Exclusive rounds of golf in Honolulu, Monte Carlo, Waitangi and American Samoa, as well as numerous aerial excursions via helicopter round out the selection of Crystal Adventures for Crystal Serenity’s 2019 World Cruise. Guests can pre-reserve excursions online through Crystal’s Priority Check-in & Planning Center and are available for booking now.
While the full 2019 World Cruise is sold out, available segments can still be booked.
This article originally appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com.