Starting in January 2019, Niyama Private Islands Maldives’ spa will host an assortment experienced wellness experts over the course of the next year. The resort’s “Masters of Wellness” program will bring back past guest experts Jade Wood and David Alessi, as well as several new specialists.
- Dr. Rui Pedro Loureiro – Specializing in traditional Chinese medicine, Loureiro will use acupuncture and contemporary diagnostic techniques to help guests from January 1 to January 15, 2019.
- Paulo Fernandes –Fernandes will split his time at the resort’s Drift Spa into two parts: one from January 15 to February 15, 2019 and another from March 10 to April 30, 2019. With expertise in nutritional microscopy and naturopathy, Fernandes will help guests reach their goals of sustainable health and fitness.
- Jade Wood – Back by popular demand, Wood will return for over a month, from October 15 to November 22, 2019. She will provide one-on-one yin yoga sessions, craniofacial massages, qigong workshops and meditation classes.
- Dr. Gopal Govindasamy – An expert in Ayurveda, wellness and nutrition, Govindasamy will be in residence from December 15, 2019 to January 20, 2020. While at Niyama’s Drift Spa, he will leader yogic detoxes and offer healing massages and Chinese acupuncture sessions.
- Dr. David Alessi – In collaboration with Beverly Hills IV Therapy, Alessi will offer non-surgical cosmetic treatments and IV therapy formulations from December 20, 2019 to January 2, 2020.