The Ritz Carlton, Lake Tahoe is inviting travelers to experience the destination’s fall “secret season.” Locals see autumn as a great time to visit, since Lake Tahoe gets decent weather, fall foliage scenery and modest crowds when compared to summer or winter. To celebrate the “secret season,” the resort is going to offer a fall-inspired Discover With You package with culinary specials, spa treatments and activities.
The package includes overnight accommodations, an American breakfast for two at Manzanita every day, one $100 USD resort card each night along with a s’mores welcome snack. The package is available now through December 14, 2018, with rates starting at $269 USD per night.
Culinary Specials & Holiday Events: People who stay at the resort can dine on food and beverage specials in the resort’s signature restaurant, Manzanita, under Executive Chef Mark Jeffers. The restaurant offers California mountain cuisine. The following culinary experiences are available this season:
- Pumpkin Patch (à la carte menu) – On Saturday, October 6 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in The Backyard outdoor dining space, guests can hand pick pumpkins to decorate. The program also features a “make-your-own” candy apple station.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Manzanita (a la carte menu) – On Thursday, November 22, guests can experience fall at Manzanita with special offerings for Thanksgiving with holiday-inspired specials. Reservations are required.
- Thanksgiving Harvest Buffet ($135 per adult and $55 per child; ages 3 to 12) – On Thursday, November 22, guests can have a Thanksgiving buffet with a menu including traditional dishes like roasted turkey with all the trimmings, prime rib, chilled seafood, pasta, and many more fall favorites.
- Champagne Brunch ($79 per adult and $29 per child; ages 3-12) – A popular Sunday event with a seasonally-focused menu and chilled seafood display, carving station, salads, cheese and charcuterie, along with breakfast favorites and desserts, and a Moët & Chandon and Bloody Mary Bar.
- Manzanita Chef’s Table ($175 per person) – An interactive five-course tasting menu with views directly into the open kitchen and personal interaction with the chef. The presentation will include communal seating for up to six people and reservations are required 48 hours in advance.
- Art of Mixology ($60 per person) – On Sundays from 3-5 p.m., guests can be part of this experience featuring freshly-cut herbs, classic ingredients such as bitters and infused liquors to create three unique cocktails paired with appetizers. It is designed to be both entertaining and educational.
Spa Specials: Throughout the fall and winter seasons, the Director of Spa, Candice Betz, will provide several autumn inspired-treatments. These special treatments include:
- Cinnamon Maple Body Treatment ($265 for 75 minutes) – A full body scrub of organic maple syrup, cinnamon, and sugar followed by a customized massage using warm shea butter.
- Cinnamon Apple Mani Pedi (40 minute manicure for $70; 45 minute pedicure for $105; additional extended wear polish on hands or feet for $25) – This mani pedi will also combine the elements of organic maple syrup, cinnamon, and sugar for the hands and feet, where they are scrubbed, massaged, and polished.
- Warming Winter Scrub, Wrap and Massage ($325 for 100 minutes) – This all-encompassing treatment begins with a salt scrub featuring coffee, almond oil, and warming essential oils. The treatment continues with a body wrap with blends of aloe vera and shea body butter. As you rest, the scalp is massaged, followed by a full body massage.
Favorite Fall Activities: Guests can experience the following:
- Mountainside Yoga ($20 per person, per class unless otherwise noted) – A breath-centered yoga class with a mountainside.
- Scenic Hiking – Visitors can experience a hike that is a little over two miles long to Sawmill Lake directly from the backyard of the resort, or venture around the area for the Tahoe Rim Trail and several trails around Donner Lake.
- High Sierra Luxury Golf – Tahoe’s golf courses are a quarter of an hour away from the resort. Close-by courses include the Old Greenwood Golf Course and The Golf Club at Gray’s Crossing.