Last week, St. Barth Properties announced that after a two-year, transcontinental renovation, the five-bedroom Villa Danse du Soleil in Devé, St. Barth is once again back on the rental market and available for rentals now. The property is currently accepting reservations with prices starting at $11,500 per week during the value season and $15,500 during the high season (April 16 to December 14 and December 15 to April 15, respectively).
The villa’s renovation process is a globetrotting journey unto itself; the couple who purchased the property commissioned an architect to create a villa drawing inspiration from the teak-wood homes on the island of Guadeloupe (where the wife grew up). For its construction however, a Bali-based carpenter built the home according to the design plans in Bali. When construction was approved, the villa was deconstructed, shipped to St. Barth and re-assembled at its final location. The villa is the latest member of St. Barth Properties’ Grand Cru Collection.
Highlights of Villa Danse du Soleil include:
- Panoramic sunrises from a bi-level deck with an extra-long heated pool banked with chaise lounges
- A fully air conditioned indoor living space, dining area and a galley-like kitchen with a breakfast island-bar
- Five bedrooms all with en-suite baths, TVs equipped with U.S. satellite and Apple TV and private terraces—three of which are located in the main villa, while the other two are housed in a separate bungalow with a kitchenette and plunge pool
- Clean-lined, modern décor and neutral palette
- A massage pavilion and a well-equipped fitness room