Access Trips has announced its first-ever culinary tour to Alaska. The eight-day tours will officially begin in 2018 but Access Trips is offering a preview excursion from September 2-9, 2017. Alaska’s rugged and untamed setting, including snow-capped mountains and abundant wildlife, provides for a distinct culinary experience. In keeping with Access Trips’ mission to explore exotic destinations through local culture and cuisine, the trip will include several unique experiences that are far beyond the boundaries of a cruise ship.
Cook With James Beard and Cordon Bleu Chefs
Guests will have the opportunity to learn from and cook alongside a two-time James Beard nominated chef who as well as with a renowned Cordon Bleu chef/cookbook author.
Dogsledding With Iditarod Musher
Taking off from their lodge’s private helipad, guests will have a bird’s eye view of the wilderness and local wildlife before landing on a glacier. Their host there is a six-time Iditarod musher who will tell stories from the trail over a traditional musher’s lunch of moose or caribou stew followed by the chance for a dogsled ride across the glacier.
Explore Alaska Culture and Wildlife
Adventure-seekers will have numerous opportunities to explore the landscape, including: traveling by boat to Kachemak Bay for an up-close view of marine life such as whales, sea lions, porpoises and various species of birds; flight-seeing or hiking in Denali; and visiting the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to view iconic Alaskan wildlife such as bears, moose, caribou, musk-ox, and wolves.
Tour packages start at $5,790 per person; the trip includes:
- Seven nights’ hotel and lodge accommodations (double room occupancy)
- Two cooking classes with award-winning chefs
- All breakfasts, four lunches, and two dinners, including the meals prepared in cooking classes
- Guided helicopter dog-sledding tour on Colony Glacier
- Guided tour of Kahiltna Birchworks Factory
- Guided Kachemak Bay wildlife viewing and oyster farm visit
- Admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- All transportation as included in itinerary and group airport transfers in Fairbanks and Anchorage on first/last days of tour